Aims and Values
• To maximise the potential of all students and to help them develop confidence and pride in their achievements.
• To promote a positive work ethic through a climate of high expectations for students, staff and parents.
• To encourage students to become flexible and independent Learners.
• To encourage students to develop reasoned attitudes, values and beliefs in preparation for lifelong learning.
• To enable students to develop and maintain positive relationships through respect for themselves and others.
In this school we strive to establish and maintain:
• A caring, considerate and compassionate community where individuals are treated with care and respect.
• A recognition of and respect for the uniqueness of human beings and their individual learning needs.
• A right of access to Learning opportunities regardless of ethnicity, gender, class, religion, stage of development, age or personal circumstance.
• An equal esteem for all people as Learners, regardless of ethnicity, gender, class, religion, stage of development, age or personal circumstance.
View our latest prospectus...
View events at Smestow School...
Are you interested in training to become a Primary or Secondary teacher?
Smestow pupil, Scarlett Bennett, has successfully competed in the Champions of Tomorrow national competition at the Winter Gardens Ballroom in Blackpool. She competed in three competitions showing her talents in Ballroom and Latin dance and attained the following...read more
This year we decided to try to get all exams into one week to minimise disruption to year 11 and their curriculum. They have been extremely mature with regards to the start of their exams and as such we would like to recognise how responsibly they have behaved. We...read more
Here is the timetable for the forthcoming GCSE mock examinations and re-sits. Personalised timetables for each individual student have also been issued. January GCSE Mock Exams and Re-sits...read more
Don't forget the annual Smestow Christmas performance will be held on Tuesday 19th December at 7pm. Tickets are available at the school office at £1 each.read more
Important info for our Year 11 students here: t.co/nJdumT5TRa
Happy new year everyone! Let's get to work! 🙂 t.co/TaMcXyyij2Show Media