Aims and Values
• To maximise the potential of all students and to help them develop confidence and pride in their achievements.
• To promote a positive work ethic through a climate of high expectations for students, staff and parents.
• To encourage students to become flexible and independent Learners.
• To encourage students to develop reasoned attitudes, values and beliefs in preparation for lifelong learning.
• To enable students to develop and maintain positive relationships through respect for themselves and others.
In this school we strive to establish and maintain:
• A caring, considerate and compassionate community where individuals are treated with care and respect.
• A recognition of and respect for the uniqueness of human beings and their individual learning needs.
• A right of access to Learning opportunities regardless of ethnicity, gender, class, religion, stage of development, age or personal circumstance.
• An equal esteem for all people as Learners, regardless of ethnicity, gender, class, religion, stage of development, age or personal circumstance.
View our latest prospectus...
View events at Smestow School...
Are you interested in training to become a Primary or Secondary teacher?
A group of Smestow School students demonstrated fantastic teamwork and engineering skills at the STEM Glider Challenge at RAF Cosford. Three Year 8 boys, Iturza, Adam and Michael, and three Year 7 girls namely Abi, Charlotte and Paige flew the flag for Smestow at the...read more
On the last day of last term 28th March the students at Smestow donated £1 to their chosen charity, and some students also completed sponsored events. Money collected on the last day of term from students totalled: SPORTS RELIEF - £346.51 CANCER RESEARCH -...read more
On Monday 26th March 2018, Millie Betteridge attended the Wolverhampton Art Gallery with the intention of regaining her post as MP for Wolverhampton Youth Council. She wrote a speech on why she should be re-elected again, along with a number of other candidates. After...read more
On Tuesday 27th March, Wolverhampton University held a Maths Feast event run by the Further Mathematics Support Programme. Smestow sent two teams to this event supported by Mr Azad and V Patel (Year 12). The teams solved a number of problems put to them throughout the...read more
Villarreal- safely landed at EMA airport. ETA @ Smestow to follow. #seeyousoon.
Villarreal⚽️🇪🇸- Just getting ready to board the plane. Will keep you posted on ETA at Smestow.