What are Live Lessons?
- Where appropriate each class in Years 10, 11, 12 and 13 will have one live lesson per week per subject. A lesson may be cancelled due to staff absence, however, students will be notified if this is the case,
- Other lessons for that week will be blended with work set via the website under Home Learning- Covid 19 Home Learning
- A lesson may contain:
- teacher answering questions from students,
- delivery of content,
- reviewing work,
- introducing new work, or
- responding to concerns.
Who are Live Lessons for?
Currently Live Lessons will be for Years 10, 11, 12 and 13.
When are Live Lessons going to be held?
Students will get an invite to a Live Lesson via their email address. Below is a tutorial about how to access that.
Expectations for Live Lessons
By attending a Live Lesson via Teams, you agree to the following expectations of students and parents. If these expectations are not met, you will be removed from the lesson and potentially be removed from future Live Lessons.
Expectations of Students
- When logging into Teams all students must accept "Allow my organization to manage my device"
- All microphones disabled for students
- All camera/video disabled for students
- Students communicate through the chat function
- Students use the chat responsibly – no inappropriate language, no conversations with other students about non-lesson related things, no use of inappropriate images.
- Students should only log in using their school email address. Teachers will remind any students to do this.
- Students will not be permitted to present anything during the lesson or share files through the chat
- Be respectful to staff and other students at all times
- Stay online of the duration of the lesson and complete the work set
Expectations of Parents
- Ensure your child is clear of the expectations above and is aware of what will happen if they are not followed
- Ensure your child understands how to log on following the tutorial below.
- Should you wish to opt-out of Live Lessons then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org stating your child’s name and form group.
- Contact email@example.com if your child is having IT issues
- Ensure your child, where ever possible, is in a productive environment free of distractions/noise and is equipped for learning
- This is a new way of working for staff and we expect them to be fully supported by everyone. Criticism of how staff choose to deliver their lessons will not be accepted and the right of your child to attend will be removed. Any concerns about your child’s learning should be addressed via firstname.lastname@example.org
Safeguarding Staff and Students
- Each lesson will have two members of staff present
- Should any safeguarding concerns arise, staff will briefly explain and then end the lesson.
- Should a student have any safeguarding concerns then these can be reported to email@example.com