Return to School - January 2022
Self-isolation and Testing Requirements
What have we done to be Covid Safe?
- Worked with an external risk assessment company (rigorous checks, numerous site visits)
- Work very closely with Government, DFE and Public Health England
- Additional cleaning regime
- Covid Health and Safety Committee - made up of different staff in the school
- Risk assessments of vulnerable staff and students
- Hand sanitizer at every entrance and exit and in every classroom and workroom
- Antibacterial wipes in each workroom and classroom
- Increase signage and 2m distancing floor tape
- Schools within schools
- Year group bubbles
- Separate entrance and exit for students
- Staggered start times and lunches
- Masks in communal spaces since the beginning of the school year
- Specific staff workspaces that negate faculty workrooms
- Marking and feedback policy adapted to protect staff and students with the handling of books
This website has a complete guide with very relevant links:
Also known as 'Remote Learning' by the Government and DFE
Should we close for any year group at any point work will be found via My Child at School through Bromcom. We recommend that parents download the My Child at School App and students the Bromcom Student Portal App. Or you can log in via a web browser here or the Student Portal here
Should your child need to sell-isolate then work can be found via My Child at School through Bromcom. We recommend that parents download the My Child at School App and students the Bromcom Student Portal App. Or you can log in via a web browser here or the Student Portal here
All previous work can be found via the student portal HERE
If you require a laptop, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that this can be arranged.
Students Registering for Home Learning
Students should register for Home Learning by 8:45 to acknowledge they have logged on and ready to work. The video below demonstrates how this can be done.
Extra Resources to support students
All students have been given an Office 365 login and password which they can use to gain access to the Student Portal and Online Office Software.
Any IT issue you may have then please email: email@example.com where you will be asked a few questions to pass the safeguarding check.
IT Hardware Support
You can email firstname.lastname@example.org should you require access to a laptop or WiFi.
Remote Education Provision
Senior Leader for Remote Education (Home Learning): Mr J Stokes
Please see below help and guidance for Covid Lateral Flow - Home Testing.
Pupil and Parents Guide to the Rapid Lateral Flow Test
How to report a Positive Covid-19 Result
If your child has a ‘positive’ Covid-19 test result out of school hours, or at the weekend, during term time, please email the following details immediately to: email@example.com
- Name of child
- Tutor group/year group
- Date of the COVID-19 test
- Does the child have symptoms? Yes or No
- What date did the symptoms start?
- What date did the child last attend school?